Winning a karaoke contest can be a fun and satisfying experience so we will give you some tips to help improve your chances to win a karaoke contest.
LEARN How to Win a Karaoke Contest
First of all it is important to remember that winning is not as important as the fun you have trying. Karaoke is a fun social experience and if you make it too competitive it will get annoying for everybody. People will be more critical of a serious competitor than they will of somebody who is just having fun. We all feel that occasional need to win sometimes so here are some suggestions to get you started.
- Know the rules of the competition. Karaoke contest rules are usually easy but it can help to make sure you know the limits.
- Always remember to have fun. Karaoke is just as much about having fun as it is singing talent.
- Know your vocal range. Know your limits and do not sing too high for your voice. Singing too high and having your voice crack up doesn't sound good and an experienced karaoke singer knows this. Sing in a range that is comfortable for you where you can sing smoothly and consistently.
- Be you and be original - You are not the original artist singing the song so add your own identity to it. You can imitate the original singer and stay true to what people expect from the song but try and add your own personality to the song. Don't take it too seriously or get too emotional in a karaoke contest. Avoid laughing and giggling during your performance.
- Know the lyrics. If you have the choice of song then choose one you know well. Try and choose a song you can sing without reading the on screen lyrics. If the contest songs are chosen for you by the judges then knowing as many karaoke songs as possible will be your best strength here.
- Sing to the audience. If you can involve the audience in the performance the do it. This can make you popular and in favor with judges.
Have fun. Good luck! Enjoy!